Thursday, December 6, 2007

A Parent's Worst Nightmare

I was visiting my eldest daughter Keisha in a rehabilitation center. She was currently undergoing alcohol rehab and drug treatment, and I couldn't help but cry when I saw her. She looked far different from the little girl I raised, like an unknown person had taken over my daughter's body and claimed it theirs.

"Her addiction treatment will still need three more months to complete," the doctor stated.

"But she's too young to be in a place like this!" I burst into even more tears. Having your kid in a rehabilitation facility is the worst nightmare any parent could have.

I opened my eyes pleasantly surprised to find my daughter Keisha back to the age of 4, still smiling at me and snuggling close on my bed. I held her tight and kissed her forehead while I thought, "Thank God it was only a dream."

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails