Friday, August 31, 2007

What To Do

For people who have been reading my blog, I assume you all know that I just gave birth two months ago to my second daughter, Simone. My problem is this - how can I make my eldest daughter Keisha (turning four on October) feel and understand that she is not being left out nor neglected but merely that her baby sister needs more attention now than she does?

I have been spending a lot of time with her, i.e. watching her favorite cartoons, holding her tight while she sleeps and making sure that I am the first person she sees when she wakes up, playing all the games she can think of, and even take baths with her. But the thing is, when Simone wakes up, whatever we were doing has to end abruptly and my attention is now diverted away from her. She hates this pretty badly and she even told me once, "I hope Simone doesn't wake up."

*Sigh.* I wish I could split my body in two so I can attend to both of them at the same time. Anyone have good parenting tips to share with me?

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails