Wednesday, August 22, 2007

I've Forgotten How To Sleep

  • written on 08-17-2007 from my previous blog.

Never thought I'd actually say this, but my mom was right on almost every occasion. When I gave birth to Keisha, the words she always said that I almost often ignored all materialized to be real, especially the part that she said when she had my eldest sister Elena, she forgot how to sleep. And guess what - she was right.

Having two kids of my own, I've proven most of her words true, especially that one about sleep. I'm amazed sometimes by how keen my sense of hearing has gotten. Before when I was younger, I used to sleep like a dead cow. Now, even the slightest moan of any of my daughters wakes me up, no matter how tired I may be.


And there's one more phrase that my mom always says - "When you have kids of your own, you'll understand." She was right.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails