Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Ming Ming

  • written on 05-02-2007 from my previous blog.

Around last week I got bit by a stray cat that stays a lot at our house at the back of my right foot. I accidentally stepped on her while I was reaching for sugar to make my first cup of coffee. I was shocked by how loud she cried when I stepped on her, and I even apologized to the cat, whom my husband and I have named Ming Ming. And so I proceeded with drinking the cup of coffee I've made, and then I went to the bathroom. That was when I realized a stinging sensation at the back of my right foot when water hit it. That was when I saw two marks with blood gushing out of it. I didn't panic, since first of all, I'm not afraid of blood and second, they didn't look like teeth marks at all. I thought maybe one of her paws had inflicted the wound. I proceeded with washing the wound with soap, and then I went upstairs to watch TV.


Henry came home early that day since he wasn't feeling well since the day before. I told him about the incident, and he took a look at my foot. That was when I realized that what was on my foot were indeed bite marks. On the other side of my foot (which I didn't bother to look at) were two other puncture marks - making all the marks on my foot a total of four. That was when I started to cry. What worried me the most was the fact that I was pregnant, and that the rabies and/or the anti-rabies might affect the child I was carrying.


I called my dad and he asked me to go to the hospital the following day. My first injection went on smoothly, and we were also advised to keep a good eye on the cat. We actually started feeding Ming Ming so she'd keep coming back to our house, and she's been staying around ever since. Today was my third injection of the anti rabies and the good news is, Ming Ming's attitude hasn't changed at all. In fact, she's even sweeter and nicer now than before. So at least I'm clear of rabies.


Since Ming Ming's around most of the time now, I have to look first before I put my foot down.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails