Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Wasted Time

I'm currently at work right now. The PC that I'm using is terribly slow, not to mention the fact that the keyboard that this PC comes with is a piece of work - the spacebar key is broken. You really have to put in effort for it to work.
The network is also very strict and there are restrictions that are driving me crazy. For one thing, they don't have Firefox installed, just IE and I'm more comfortable with Firefox and it's tabs. The IE here isn't even IE7, so imagine working with either one window or multiple windows.
The right mouse button is also disabled, so I can't copy URLs to deep link this post to older posts of mine, which I'll probably just do at home. And besides, the Internet connection is so slow anyway and to open a new window will just drive me nuts.
So you're probably wondering why this post is entitled Wasted Time, right? It's because my shift starts at 11pm, and the client we're supposed to have a video conference with won't be available until 2 hours later. What makes things even worse is the fact that someone else will be using the conference room, so we won't have a room to stay in until further notice.
So there. Even though I'm getting paid while loitering at work, I just can't help but feel that my time tonight has been wasted. And this keyboard is beginning to get on my nerves.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails