Thursday, July 3, 2008

Am I a Killjoy?

I just got home from work. I was a little bit late than usual because the entire production floor was busy with making final arrangements for the outing this 5 - 6. Some agents were rehearsing dance steps, others were rehearsing songs for the singing contest, and others like me just sat down and took in calls.

When our General Manager Adz held a division huddle, I was surprised that there was a total of 15 agents, including myself, who chose not to go to the outing. My team mates kept asking me to join, and the also kept asking me why I wasn't going to go. One of them remarked that I was being a killjoy, a spoiler in other words.

Am I a killjoy if I choose not to go? Although I know the resort is beautiful and they'll have a good time, the thought just doesn't appeal to me. I'd rather stay at home with my kids and Henry and make up for time that I'm not at home. I guess I just have different priorities than they do. Maybe when they have their own kids, they'll understand.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails