Monday, June 23, 2008

Floods

My last day of work for the week went pretty horribly. For starters, the rain due to Typhoon Frank was really strong and since I didn't have an umbrella with me, I was soaking wet when I got to the bus. On the bus, the bus I rode didn't go its normal route and I wasn't able to get off where Henry was supposed to pick me up. I had to ride a pedicab while I was soaking wet, wade in floods reaching up almost to my knees, and then when I finally got to where Henry and my mother in law was, we had so much trouble finding an open Western Union as most of the outlets were closed since there was no electricity.

After shopping for some necessities, we headed home and found even more flood. We had to wade through flood that reached above my mid-thigh. When we reached our house I peeled off my soaking wet clothes and I instantly took a bath. I scrubbed myself well and slept through the rest of the night.

You can watch a news clip on what happened to other parts of my country due to Typhoon Frank here.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails