Saturday, August 22, 2009

My Mom in Law's Visa Interview

First of all, I'd like to thank the many well-wishers who greeted me and my mom in law on the 19th, both here and in FaceBook.

I am happy to say that her visa was not denied, but it has not been given yet either. This is because the consular officer noticed that her son's (my huband's) last name is different from that of hers. Since she is under a different immigrant category and in all of the forms she submitted she wrote that she was single, she was asked to present a CENOMAR.

A CENOMAR is a document from the National Statistics Office here in the Philippines which is the abbreviation for Certificate of No Marriage. It's just to establish her singleness. I understand why the embassy would want this document after noticing that my husband's last name was different. Any misinformation that was submitted in any of the forms would constitute a permanent denial of her US Visa.

So there, we already had her CENOMAR delivered and it would take approximately 3-5 working days. After we get it, we can go back to the US Embassy from 1PM-2Pm and she needs to submit the said document to a certain window number and then wait for her Visa to be mailed by Air 21.

So that's it! Thank you for all of your kind words, they were very highly appreciated.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails