Sunday, May 30, 2010

Shrek Forever After in 3D at the Mall of Asia

I just got home from watching Shrek Forever and After at the Mall of Asia. This is actually my first time ever to watch in an IMAX theather (pity me, lol!), and a first for the kids as well - but not Henry though! I remember old 3D glasses, the red and blue ones...hahaha! But the glasses at IMAX were amazing and the 3D effects made you feel you were really in the movie and that bits of fire, smoke, and other falling stuff in the movie were really going to touch you.

I really enjoyed the movie, as at one point in life I did feel like how Shrek was feeling - that he just needed time off for himself and that he wanted a break. Having 3 kids can be quite stressful, and Shrek is in a life he wasn't used to. Loving Fiona made him change his previous ogre ways and although it was for the better, there was this part of him that missed his old life.

Although there are times that I feel I need a break, I do know for a fact that I am more than blessed. I know I'm lucky to have a great husband, and equally great kids who may drive me nuts and not give me a moment's peace while they're awake, but it's something I wouldn't exchange for anything else. I guess Shrek just needed to figure that out for himself too, and I just love the romantic lines he said to Fiona when he only had a few more minutes of existence - he didn't care what would happen to him at that point, he just wanted to make sure Fiona was safe. This movie made me want to watch all the Shrek movies again. :)

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails